Two, sometimes three workouts a day, 9pm bedtimes and a laundry basket that smells like a football team’s locker room are just a few of the joys of training for a triathlon! My whole life seems to be revolving around this stuff right now (which I am embracing completely) and with the training has come a few new obsessions. Most of them revolve around food…because duh. I AM HUNGRY. The rest are random, and I would love your feedback or suggestions on any of them:
- Swim goggles – Seriously what the F is wrong with my FACE!! I cannot find a pair that works to save my life. My swim bag looks like an episode of hoarders, I have about 12 pairs of useless goggles that leak in there. I finally found these (see image) at Costco of all places; three pairs for only $16. Buuuuut, they suck and leave me with rings around my eyes for 3 hours after I swim. A great look in a client meeting.
- Almond Butter on EVERYTHING – because its delicious 🙂 I’m talking almond butter on apples, pears, carrots, even on almonds! Its the best food EVER and yes, the hyperbole here is warranted.
- Running shoes – this is nothing new, my obsession with the colors and the squishy-ness under foot runs deep. I can’t help myself. But, I am especially loving all my 361 Degrees sneaks and have completely stopped wearing my Brooks. I am now mostly rotating between the Shield 2 and the Sensation 2 depending on my runs. I also just ran in their new trail shoe this morning, the Ortega 2, and it was perfection. Love them!!!
- Finding the perfect energy bar for during workouts – I have been trying out every flavor of Lara Bar and RX Bars, and I think its RX for the win. They are super clean with only a few key ingredients and no added sugar. I also really like the consistency of them…they are nice and chewy. My faves are the peanut butter, maple sea salt and coconut chocolate. The only one I didn’t love was the mixed berry flavor. You can buy them at TJ’s and Sprouts. Thumbs up!
- Healthy Dessert (a sweet contradiction) – I might be burning extra calories but I am eating mountains. I should probably cool it and get down to a better race weight in the next few weeks but for now I am enjoying stuffing my face on (mostly) healthy foods. My 2 absolute favorite sweet treats right now are TJ’s chocolate covered frozen bananas and Halo Top ice cream…both unbelievably good! Even better when eaten together.
This last one has nothing to do with training but is just HILARIOUS 😉 Jib-Jab.