I have been trying to write this blog post for so long now that the topic and headline have changed at least 4 times 🙂 The past few months have been so crazy, I have barely had time to think. But, I am starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel with the busiest few weeks at work almost over. Fingers crossed.
We all deal with stress and chaos in our own special ways…I seem calm on the outside, but then chew the crap out of my cuticles and stress eat Good and Plenty by the handful. I wake up in the middle of the night obsessing over emails I need to send or projects that are half finished, and I have definitely emailed myself to-do lists at 3 am more times than I care to count.
The past few months have been amazing and crazy at the same time and have really ruined my cuticles and beauty sleep. But, having an outlet where I can let it all go has been my saving grace! I usually have to have a race on the horizon to keep me motivated to train, but this summer my sanity was my motivation! Up until the wedding I was running and biking a ton and loving every minute of it because I didn’t have to train, I wanted to. I NEEDED to. Sweating cures all 🙂
To prove I haven’t just been blowing off Tri-belles for no good reason, here is a glimpse at some of the amazing stuff that happened this summer.
1. I GOT MARRIED!!!! To my best friend and favorite person in the whole wide world. And may I just say the sexiest man in a suit…I had no idea!
2. I became an ANT 🙂
3. Went to 3 bridal showers (one was for me), 2 bachelorettes (one was for me) and 2 weddings (one was for me ;))
3. Did lots of running in new shoes – currently obsessed with and rotating between my 361 Strata’s, Brooks Launch 3’s and Brooks Pure Cadence
4. Went to Lake Arrowhead for the perfect weekend getaway
5. Did lots of cycling UP HILLS with the Tri-belles as they train for their BIG race in less than 6 weeks!!
6. Got to hang out with my Mommy and take her to Skyspace LA and go down the slide
OK. That’s all my catching up for now 🙂 I’ll try not to wait 3 months until my next post! haha